Another month down!
A lot changes between months one and two. She’s definitely more of a baby now versus just a blob. She’s responding to smiles and people talking to her with her own grins and coos. She’s not a big fan of Louise, particularly when Louise tries to manipulate her hands or feet or touches her face (which we’re trying to teach Louise not to do, but it’s an uphill battle). Celine likes looking at her Lamaze moose when she’s in her play mat. Speaking of, she’s definitely grown to like being by herself for a little bit in her play mat. Sometimes she’ll even lay there happily for upwards of ten minutes, which is a great break for me!
Two month stats:
- Weight: 11lbs, 9 1/2oz (75th percentile)
- Height: 23.25in (85th percentile)
- Head circumference: 39.5cm (50th percentile)
- Clothes: 3 month clothing in Carter’s, 0-3 month in Gap
- Diapers: Size 1
- Food: Still just breastmilk. At our checkup, our pediatrician mentioned that getting vitamin D was important and that sunlight was the best way to do that, although you can also put it in pumped milk. This discussion was new to me since Louise was formula fed and it has vitamin D in it.
- Sleep: Celine is still pretty unpredictable in the sleep department, although we have defined day and night time which is great for me. She always gets sleepy one hour after waking up in the morning, but after that her naps are never a set thing. Sometimes she takes a good midday nap and sometimes she will close her eyes for 30 minutes in my arms and then pop up again. Sometimes she’ll sleep wonderfully while I run errands and sometimes it’s a juggling act of nursing her while shopping (I’ve had to nurse her every time we go to Home Depot. Something about that store). At night she tends to go down between 9 and 10pm, and sleep until at least 2 but usually 3am. On the good nights she goes right back down and sleeps from 4-7, but sometimes I’m pretty much up from 3am until she takes her first morning nap. Luckily those aren’t consistent.
- Personality: Still an arm baby – she loves human interaction. I like to talk sweetly to her while she’s chilling on her changing mat, and she’ll smile and coo back at me. She is very observant, taking everything in.
Getting sweet-talked to
Her play mat (most of the time)
Pacifier (getting used to it)
Being in the car seat (still not a fan)
Sun in her face
Louise all up in her business